This is a blank copy of the survey distributed to fifty Logan students, including myself. You can see the general results here, and my answers here.
Reconciliation or fusion of differing systems of belief, as in philosophy or religion, especially when success is partial or the result is heterogeneous.
In other words, syncretism is when several cultures combine to form one new culture. Do you think this has happened at Logan? Have you adopted foreign cultures or traditions and made them your own? In this brief survey, you will be asked several questions on this topic. The results of this survey can later be found on the Internet, but complete anonymity is assured. If you do not feel comfortable answering any of these questions, feel free to leave it blank. Thanks for your time!
1. What ethnicities/cultures/nationalities/religions do you identify with? Please list.
3. What is your native language?
4. Other than your native language and English, what language(s) do you speak?
5. Do you celebrate any holidays that are not based in your culture? Please list.
6. Take a look at what you are wearing now. Please try to list at least three articles of clothing or jewelry that are from cultures other than your own. Be sure to identify what culture they came from.
7. Do you listen to music that is not based in your culture? Please list which cultures they are from.
8. Do you watch movies or TV shows that are not based in your culture? Please list which cultures they are from.
9. At Logan, do you feel that people are accepting of other cultures, or do they group together with people of their own culture? Why?
10. Do you think this is a good or bad thing? Why?
11. Some people believe that although cultural differences should be celebrated and respected, individual cultures should be kept "pure." Others say that this would lead to the factioning of society and that we should integrate ourselves into a global community. What do you think? ___________________________________________________________________________________
12. Would you ever date/marry someone from another culture?
13. Do you think your culture is respected and fairly treated at Logan? Why or why not?
14. Do you have any other opinions/comments on this topic? You may be quoted in the results, but remember that you will remain anonymous.
Thanks for completing this survey.
Click here to see the general results, with my analysis.
Click here to see my answers.
Back to the main page.